Climate Answers was established in 2018 to continue Stephen Tindale’s work by giving practical help and support to people committed to finding answers to the challenge of climate change – arguably the most serious global threat facing humanity.
Climate Answers leadership grants programme launched in March 2020 to coincide with COP26.
Climate Answers leadership programme aims to equip aspiring environmentalists, who have innovative practical project ideas, with skills and experience to contribute to the sustained leadership that is needed now and in the decades ahead. The focus of the leadership programme is on developing resourceful, practical solutions for global issues.
The successful candidates will benefit from a grant to cover living costs, working placements and periods of secondment with environmental campaigning organisations, policy makers, non-governmental or delivery organisations and private companies, during which time they will receive training and mentoring support tailored to the candidate’s specific needs. The outcome will be a cadre of environmental leaders equipped with a better understanding of how different kinds of organisations operate and of how to influence and effect change by government, business and the wider society.
The programme is run jointly with Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership based at University of Cambridge and will be for a period of six months incorporating a work-based secondment as well as an educational component. Specific activities include:
- An 8-week facilitated programme on either 1) Business and sustainability leadership or 2) supply chain management in the context of reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Direct work experience for example helping to prepare for COP26 including CISL and climate answers events with business partners, policy briefings, and with other CISL departments such as natural capital working group
- Networking with other NGOs working on climate crisis issues
Climate Answers Leadership Programme candidate will receive:
- A grant of £10,000 to support 6 months living expenses plus UK travel and expenses allowance.
- Ongoing leadership mentoring providing one-to-one tailored support, coaching and specialist professional advice.
- Ongoing access to Climate Answers and CISL networks, professional development, specialist learning sessions, workshops and partner organisations.
- Tools to help you measure, understand and report the impacts you achieve.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- A project idea which would be developed alongside the CALP.
- An ability to demonstrate knowledge of current climate change issues and clean energy developments .
- Relevant skills, aptitude and commitment to add value to the organisation.
Please send an expression of interest to the Climate Answers trustees firstname.lastname@example.org
Your expression of interest should be 500 words demonstrating your interest, commitment to and aptitude for an academic, practical programme. Include your CV and a short cover letter.
Expressions of Interest to be received by the closing deadline 17/04/2020 12.00GMT
Full Application packs will be sent to 1st round successful candidates. Completed applications to be received by 1/05/2020 012.00 GMT
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend interviews to present project to Climate Answers trustees in central London 11-22/05/2020
Applications are open to any candidates over 18, with legal right to work in UK. Climate Answers operate an equal opportunities selection process.